This machine has been designed for high productivity laser marking of piston rings through a special equipment. Following our experience, piston rings, due to the deep difference (shape, dimensions and handling) compared to all other products to be marked, should be loaded and unloaded automatically from the machine.
This version shows the following advantages for the piston rings:
- Easy to set up
- Very easy automatic loading and unloading for marking
- No mistakes on marking side of the ring thanks to checking system for detection and sorting of upside down rings.
- No need of continuous working for operator who just needs to fill in manually the vertical magazine when running out pieces (at special alarm signal)
Special equipments INCLUDED IN THIS MACHINE VERSION:
- AUTOMATIC OUTSIDE DIAM.(O.D.) TAPER DETECTION SYSTEM
By means of a sensor to check that taper rings are in the right position before marking. If the position is correct, the ring is marked and goes straight to the marked rings reception bar; if the ring is upside-down, it is detected and driven into the rejected reception bar.
- AUTOMATIC INSIDE DIAM. /OUTSIDE DIAM.(I.D/O.D.) BEVEL-CHAMFERS DETECTOR SYSTEM
To check that the bevel and chamfers are positioned upwards or downwards as required. Detection is performed by a special sensor switch.
- AUTOMATIC SORTING OUT TO SEPARATE THE UPSIDE DOWN RINGS.
The sorting device is combined with the taper detection and the bevel detection systems to give continuous production. Correctly positioned rings, which have been marked, are allowed to proceed to the reception bar. Upside-down rings, not marked, are driven to a second bar to be afterwards reintroduced (manually) into the vertical magazine for the marking operation.